The Mäori & Pasifika Trade Training Initiative is an exciting new
opportunity for young people of Tai Tokerau to commence their journey
in trade training. The ultimate aim of this initiative is to support our
learners into employment and apprenticeships.
Study options include:
• Construction and Painting
In conjunction with the industry sectors, Te Matarau and NorthTec
are working within the vocational pathways to ensure an improved
alignment of course offerings. A student will see that the programmes
and pathways provide a logical progression to further study, along with
possible employment outcomes.
Each vocational pathway will:
• identify the skills, knowledge and competencies required by groups of
industries at a broad and foundational level
• show what strengths and abilities students need for each industry
• show how students need to meet the curriculum achievement
objectives, the NZQF assessment standards and demonstrate the
attitudes, values and key competencies valued by each group
• include a career map which outlines further study and career
possibilities for each pathway
• contain a shared set of standards in foundation skills, equivalent
literacy and numeracy requirements for NCEA
• include support to students throughout their educational journey in
terms of student welfare/well being and employment opportunities.
Te Matarau Education Trust will provide a unique hapu – iwi specific
pastoral support package to its students enrolled in the Mäori Trade
Training Programs listed.
We look forward to working with you in your trade training journey.